Welcome to the Crewe & Nantwich District Association
of the National Vegetable Society
Welcome to the Crewe and Nantwich District Association of the National
Vegetable Society (NVS) of the United Kingdom. NVS is the premier
organisation in the United Kingdom for gardeners who are interested
in growing vegetables.
If your interest stretches from your garden or allotment to competitions
and shows, the society can help you with tips and hints on growing
better produce and showing it to its best advantage.
We hold monthly meetings usually with a talk from an expert on the
second Tuesday of the month in Crewe and full details can be found
in the Meetings section.
The objectives of the District Association are the same as the National
Vegetable Society but on a local scale. It is easy to join and
you can contact us here .
Objectives of the National Vegetable Society
- To advance the culture, study and improvement of vegetables.
- To advance knowledge of and foster public interest in such plants
by the publication of information, by exhibiting, by stimulating
research and experiment and by awarding prizes open to public
- To maintain trial grounds, horticultural gardens and facilities
for giving advice on the culture of vegetables.
- To organise a Panel of Lecturers on vegetable growing.
- To organise a Panel of Judges by holding Judges Examinations
in each Branch as and when necessary.
- To organise visits to places of interest in connection with
the study of vegetables, to co-operate with other bodies having
similar or sympathetic aims and generally to do all such acts as
shall further the active and corporate life of the Society, and
may lawfully be done by a body established only for the purpose
recognised by the law as charitable.
- To maintain a library of knowledgeable books and photographic
slides on the cultivation and exhibition of vegetables made
available to all members and Affiliated Societies at a nominal
- To form "District Associations" as necessary in order
that members may localise their activities in addition to those
provided by the Society.